Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Fall and Harvest pictures

Here are some seed pods from a Candy Lily that Stacy gave to me. I think they are very pretty and a definite sign of fall.
The woolly caterpillars have been everywhere this year! I have had so many in jars and containers all over, we have let them make their cocoons and come out but they are kind of ugly moths; so we try not to keep them inside their cages for to long. I much prefer them to stay and make moths outside of the house!



These are my volunteer baby pumpkins that came up and vined all over my air conditioner unit. We must have dumped some there last year. I love that about Iowa, you can grow about anything, even when you are not trying. I suppose that is not always the best thing, but for this Northern Colorado girl who needs all the help she can get when it comes to growing things; it usually works out for my advantage:)
The progress we have made on our house is amazing and we are so thankful for all the help we have had in getting us this far. This is our very own farmstead that God has richly richly blessed us with!
This is a neat picture of the John Deere tractor's reflection in the chrome stack of the semi.


Here is Rachel and Adalli in the combine. Adalli loves it!


Adalli and dad with matching bald heads! Driving the grain cart tractor for Grandpa.


No comments: