Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter


I was talking with my sister the other day about how when we grew up I never really remember doing anything much for Easter. I remember slightly one time when we got together with my aunts and uncles when I was little, maybe 8 and we found real hard boiled eggs that we colored, they did not have any candy in them :). One other time in Colorado when a kind older couple from our church invited all the children over for an egg hunt. We looked for eggs in about 5-6 inches of fresh wet spring snow. Otherwise, it was a day that we went to church and thanked Jesus for giving His life for us. I told my sister, I was so thankful to be in Iowa close to my kiddos grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins so that not only is it a day that we can reflect on all that Jesus did for us but we can celebrate as a big family that Jesus died for us and rose again so that we can be saved and have eternal life through Him!

But He was pierced with our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities,
the punishment that brought us
peace was upon Him,
and by His wounds we are healed!
Isaiah 53:5

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know
that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
He is not here; He has RISEN, just as He said.
Come and see the place where He lay.
Matthew 28:5

Thank You Jesus!!

No comments: