Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hay expo

 We packed up last week Wednesday night and headed to Ledges state park near Boone. We stopped in Ames at Hickory Park BBQ before making it to our destination a little after 9:30pm. The next morning we woke up, made breakfast and headed to the hay expo.  Next time I would like to spend more time at Ledges and less at the Hay expo :)
 While at the hay expo we watched a bunch of different mowers mow a strip of hay, then we could compare all of the windrows to each other. It was interesting to see all of the new equipment and fancy new things they are coming out with!

 One of the booths was giving out sunglasses and sunscreen! I think that is a really good way to advertise. The kiddos thought so too!
 Shortly after they mowed a big rain storm came through, so we retreated to the camper until it was finished. After the rain we grabbed a few burgers at the beef tent then loaded up and headed for home. It was really nice to get away for a tiny little bit and be a family!

 I have been trying to bake bread at least once a week lately and I sure do love my bread machine! As I was teaching the girls how to mix up the ingredients just right in the pan so the machine could mix it all in; the realization came to me that when they are my age they will probably have no idea how to bake bread the old fashioned way with the kneading and mixing and waiting and waiting for it to rise just right. I got sad thinking about that and promised myself and the kiddos that I will be teaching them how to bake bread the real way, we might wait until winter time though because nothing makes bread rise better than a warm wood stove on a cold winter day!


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life, he who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

No comments: